FITOK relief valves OPEN when system pressure reaches the set pressure and CLOSE when system pressure falls below the set pressure.
- FITOK proportional relief valves should never be used as safety relief devices as defined in the ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code.
- FITOK proportional relief valves are not “Safety Accessories” as defined in the Pressure Equipment Directive 97/23/EC.
|Proportional Relief Valves Interchangeability(functionality)|
|Corresponding brand and series||Swagelok R3A Series||Swagelok RL3 Series||Swagelok RL4 Series||Swagelok R4 Series|
- Set pressure:
RV series: 7 color-coded springs available for a wide range of set pressure, 50 to 6000 psig @ 70°F (3.4 to 414 bar @ 20°C).
- Maximum outlet pressure:
RV series: 1500 psig (103 bar).
- Orifice size:
RV series: 0.14″ (3.6 mm)
- Back pressure:
Back pressure is the pressure of the outlet of valves. It increases the set pressure of proportional relief valves. RV and RM series: Balanced stem design to eliminate the effect of system back pressure.
- Working temperature: -10°F to 300°F (-23°C to 148°C).
- Variety of end connections.
- Liquid or gas service.
- Adjustable bonnet cap and adjustable set pressure.
- Lead seal through lock wire holes to lock proportional relief valve so as to secure a set pressure effectively.
- Variety of seal materials.
- Label identifies the set pressure range.